Thursday, February 24, 2022

Counterfeit Kit February - Conclusion

 Thank you Misty for inviting me to play along this month with Counterfeit Kit Team.  I have enjoyed it immensely. The end of the month is just around the corner and my kit down to scraps.  Some scraps have been slated for layouts when pictures arrive; won't be this month when they arrive.  Here are my concluding layouts from this kit:


I watch the birds feed often in the weeds in the cracks of the store parking lot. This was a fun one to do.  The background is navy gingham.  The embellishments are stamped canning jars on different papers that can stand for seeds or bird food. In one jar I placed slices of bread for interest.



This is 2 page spread of older pictures. The pumpkins in the center have stenciled straw across the bottom and book embellishments down the sides.  The pumpkins open to show the lower image and create a unique spread.


A combination of stencils & stickers create the bird clusters.  The top 2 pictures are trees full of birds as sun comes up.  They sang a beautiful song to the sun


The background paper was one I wasn't really fond of.  I wasn't sure if it would ever get used but it reminded me of my cats coloring & stripes.  The orangey-peach brightened up.  The white cat banner was a 6x6 sheet and had the orangey-peach color.


The background paperI pulled because it was a gingham.  Originally I thought I would scrap something about my Father's paisley shaped flower bed.  The colors complimented the photo and the Heavenly blue gingham calmed down making it a good page for a layout about how I take time away from the busy world.


The flowers is embossing pate through a stencil then silver embossing powder added to help it look like a dandelion gone to seed.  The floral paper was scrap just laying on my desk but it brightens the layou.  The banner down the left side is covered with dandelions.


A peach, blue & yellow stripe adds cheerfulness to this layout.  I I used a peachy paper from a 6x6 paper pad to mat the photo.  I used a label with a yellow stripe on the tag to bring out the yellow a little bit
.  The sleeping bag is stamped andI added wild cat stickers of cozy cats.

See you in March with a brand new kit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Four Seasons - Spring

 As a new Close To My Heart Maker I have decided to showcase some scrapbooking layouts.  I am a 81/2 x 11 scrapper.  Almost all my papers ge...