Saturday, January 29, 2022

Counterfeit Kit _ February 2022 Reveal

For February 2022 I have been asked to be a guest designer and participant in the Counterfeit Kit Challenge. This month's kit is Denim and Blush Modern Memory Keeping Kit from Cocoa Daisy from February 2021" Here is the link for the original kit: https://www.cocoadaisy.com/product/denim-blush-modern-memory-keeping-kit-february-2021/
This kit is all about small planner or traveler notebooks projects.  Since it focuses on smaller scrapbooking I thought it would be fun to show hoe to use traveler notebook supplies on larger size scrapbooking.  These projects can be done with scraps, smaller paper packs or even traveler notebook papers.  There is no reason not to use smaller papers on larger layouts.

The papers that really talked to me in this kit were the yellow gingham (mine isn't as dark. Blue & white stripe and the hearts.  I have lots of gingham papers in various colors.  My ginghams  are yellow, pink, denim, lilac, deep green & baby blue.  Many of these make an appearance in my kit.  To replicate the blue a white stripe I am using a piece from a 6x6ad of paper that is lines of script but the colors are perfect.  The pink hearts in rows will become lines of circles in different shapes.  The pinks are very similar.  The red paper is busier then I like but a cut file and patterned floral paper will make a great accent for one page.

For embellishments I will use Journals for Life stickers, pages as banners & accents, mock flair and decorated paper clips to match theme of my layout.  Other things I picked for my kit goes with the picture and my style.  Many of my pages will include stamping, heat embossing and mini picture books.  Here is my kit:


I think in pages so each division of product is a page.  I hope you will play along this month to see what the team comes up with and share your own creations.  Here are the links to the team:






5 comments:

  1. Fabulous kit. I love that you do page kits also. I find that it helps with making my scrapping go faster. thank you so much for joining us this month.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic looking kit :) Thank you for joining us this month :) I look forward to seeing your creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the gingham and how organized you are with your pages. Glad to have you as our guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Gretl, I loved reading about your thought process behind creating your own kit. Can't wait what you will do with it.
    Kind Regards, Emine Pala

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a scrap soul sister for our own Master Forger Cindy who also kits in pages! I love your twist to use the smaller inspiration size on larger pages. I will be watching intently! Delighted to have you here this month.

    ReplyDelete

Four Seasons - Spring

 As a new Close To My Heart Maker I have decided to showcase some scrapbooking layouts.  I am a 81/2 x 11 scrapper.  Almost all my papers ge...