Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Easy Ink Blending

For this class I decided to do Faux Watercolor Swatch Tags.  I pulled out my medium tag maker stencil. & scrap white card stock in several weights.  By making Swatch  tags  they could be used on my layouts as well as help become re familiar with all my ink colors.
For most of the tags I used two colors.  U used make-up pads as my blending tool.  I would wrap the make up pad around the tip of my finger, dab into ink pad then barely touch it to water.  Then I used a circular motion to add the color the tag.  For my re-inkers.I placed one drop on the make-up pad, barely touched water  then applied with circular motion. 

Some of my lighter weight papers didn't work as well with the water so it was great experience.  I realized that as I did the tags by color family that some of my inks had ended up in the wrong color family so I could rearrange color families properly.  I was actually shocked by how many different shades in a color family I have with some color families. 

Color Families:
1.  Pink - Red
2.  Orange & Brown (alot of my browns ended up having orange tones)
3.  Yellow
4.  Greens
5.  Blues
6. Purples
7.  Metallics, Black & Gray


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Four Seasons - Spring

 As a new Close To My Heart Maker I have decided to showcase some scrapbooking layouts.  I am a 81/2 x 11 scrapper.  Almost all my papers ge...