Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Scrap Academy Mood Board Challenge

For Scrap Academy this last week they had a Mood Board Challenge.  I like Mood Boards, they have so many interesting helps.  For this particular challenge you had to pick 5 minor details after studying the mood board.

This mood board has lots of small details.  One of the first things I noticed was the black/white floral pattern on tea cup - it reminded me of a piece of paper I had in my scrap booking supplies.  In the picture with brooms I picked up the yellows & greens of the oak leaves in fall.  With a close up inspection the upper middle picture I discovered that the little girls coat was a dark brick red - I din''t have something dark enough but close to.  The twigs behind the pumpkins intrigued me and began bringing the layout together.  I decide to use the Acorns & browns as my final  mood board item.


I had beautiful fall photos from a shoot taken of my niece.  Her top would be beautiful with the color scheme I had chosen.  I decided the black/white floral would be used as a border strip down either end to bring in the tea cup pattern.  I decided to try embossing paste & dyeing.  I used 3 different shades of brown & a black alcohol marker.  I stamped the color on my black & mixed with embossing paste.  I couldn't get th ecolor dark enough but decided it would make an excellent  twiggy border along the bottom of my layout.  I used my pine needle layout & spread the embossing past through it to get a twiggy base.  To add some more twigs I used mu dark brown & black alcohol markers to trace branches using another stencil on top of the dried embossing paste.


I used my oak leaf stencil to trace oak leaves on to scraps of yellow green paper.  Using scraps of light & dark brown I created mini acorns to add to the bases of my oak leaf to add interest & texture.  BElow is my finished layout using this mood board.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Four Seasons - Spring

 As a new Close To My Heart Maker I have decided to showcase some scrapbooking layouts.  I am a 81/2 x 11 scrapper.  Almost all my papers ge...