Saturday, February 5, 2022

Counterfeit Kit February 2022 - small projects

The Denim & Blush kit is made for planners or travelers notebooks.How many of us have smaller size papers in our stash?  Sometimes we get so caught up with the fact that certain papers can only be used for certain projects only.  Using Journal for Life papers I made mini hinged books to apply to larger pages.  This uses stash and gives some pages an interactive playfulness.


I use jewelry box hinges to create my books.  I have them as small as 1/2 inch up to 1inch.  They are light weight and don't add very much bulk  I attach the hinges with brads.  The jewelry box hinges come in a variety of shapes & colors and the butterfly hinges hold things closed nicely but also allow things to open and lay flat.

 


The star book was a piece of 12x12 I cut down into pages the same size as traveler notebook pages.  The star book is double hinged creating a mini book.  To make the cover look more like a coverI used a label and decorated with wash stickers.  Throughout the bookI used Journal for Life ephemera.  To add some interest I cut pages into banners.

The blue floral was actually a page I never thought would used.  With its composite book look and large floralsI wasn't even sure I liked it.  Using 2 pages that matched the wedding colors I created a hinged book?  As I was going through pictures I realized the colors of the paper were an exact match to a wedding that participated in a couple of years ago.  The matching sheets were great for another hinged book..  I was able to wrap up the pictures in a two page spread with one page having a mini book.  The wedding two page spread was decorated with some stamping and wood  veneer.  The wood veneer flowers from Some Assemblage Required were the same flowers as on the paper; I colored them with alcohol markers so they would match the paper.

Here are the final layouts:








1 comment:

  1. Such a clever way to add interest & interaction to your page! (I have some of those - I love tiny things.)

    ReplyDelete

Four Seasons - Spring

 As a new Close To My Heart Maker I have decided to showcase some scrapbooking layouts.  I am a 81/2 x 11 scrapper.  Almost all my papers ge...