Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Counterfeit Kit December 2021 part 2

 This project is not complete but I have gotten a good start on it.  The project is about half done.  This  project consists of 4 sets of hinged pages.  To crate hinged pages I use jewelry box hinges and brads to attach.  Jewelry box hinges come in variety of shapes and sizes, are light weight and don't add bulk.  In this particular kit I am using multiple colored brads with antique copper butterfly hinges.  The hinges allow the pages to fold out and lay flat.  For this project I am not tying them shut finding the hinges hold the pages in place in the album.  I have tied them t in the past for an added extra enhancement.


For this project I designed a Title page.one other page has a sub title to differentiate from the main Pow-wow.  The rest of the pages don't have titles and journaling is hidden.  The Feathers on the main title page are real crow feathers I picked up on a morning stroll.  For the rainbow feathers I used the feather stencil to get my base feathers.  Using the feather paper as an example, I brushed the ink pads gently across the feathers to give the same swatched coloring look.  Then detailed cut out the feathers and used as ephemera.


.These books are four pages of 8 1/2 x 11.  This is the size I prefer to scrap.  The nice thing about the books allow mw to scrap all the pictures while not boring those who look through my album.  If they want to see all the pictures they can but they can all flip through sections that are irrelevant to them.  Here is how the book works:



Each book contains 8 pages to be used for layouts.  Each layout needs to be complete before adding brads.  I do add the brads through the sheet protector holding everything in place.  Here are some examples the second book with the sub titles.  I stuck with feathers but them different to show the second group that was part of the main Pow-wow.  My goal was to capture the feel & spirit of the Pow-wow.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Four Seasons - Spring

 As a new Close To My Heart Maker I have decided to showcase some scrapbooking layouts.  I am a 81/2 x 11 scrapper.  Almost all my papers ge...