Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Counterfeit Kit January 2022 - Kit 1


My December Kit is underway.  This was meant to be a multi-month project and is about half done  There will be pictures posted with a follow-up when complete  I planned it just in case I didn't like January's kit.

When I saw January's kit I had 2 impressions instantly.  The first photo said spring with the florals.  The second picture was perfect color for fall  Continuing with my 2018 Light project I prepared 2 kits.  


The colors for both kits is peachy Orange light Pine Green  Yellow-Orange & Tan  My first kit will focus on the Fall look.  This will be November - Nature  My themes for the month were Snow, Sunrise, Thanksgiving Decor & Mountains.


This kit includes some cut files, scraps, Journal for life papers, stickers, sequins, die cuts and paper for for 5 pages.  The sticker alphabet is a multi cored circle floral that will be used on all the pages. The intro page incorporates all the other colors tying it all together into a coordinated monthly opening.  All the colors are on this page.  The sun cut file is backed with 2 different papers that pull in all the colors/  The sun has been colored with  Nuvo Glitter Lemon Yellow Marker.  I used the same glitter paper for the sky on the Mountain cut file and enhanced the mountains with Nuvo Raspberry Tart Glitter Marker.




I was tempted to use the cut file again for the sunrise but found this yellow paper that fit the color scheme as well as the concept of the sun rising.  I backed the yellow with a Peach polka Dot paper.  Added some old button puffy stickers and some clouds.  I love watching the sun rise.

I spent Thanksgiving with friends.  I got together with a crafty friend for a weekend of crafting.  Things didn't go as planned.  I crafted she spent time with family.  This little pumpkin basket was something she had newly created with her brand new embroidery machine.  I turned the pumpkin frame into a shaker pocket using a variety of orange & browns sequins. Used some scraps to tie the colors in the kit across the pages & unite the the pages.  I chose to cut one of the pictures into a pumpkin shape to bring the pumpkin across the page.


The mountain background paper was the darkest of all the papers.  I brightened up with scraps from the other pages.  This was another sunrise  over the mountains.  I loved how the sun rising changed how the Mountains appeared.  Blue gray of pre sunrise to the golden yellow & peaches of the sun rise.  Originally I was just going to take a picture of the Mountains and talk about visiting an area I had once lived but instead I got a series about how light changes perspective,

Soon I hope to have the second half of the kit posted.  It has a slightly different feel but with the same colors.







 

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful approach to your kit building! Having the intention about what you will scrap almost guarantees that you will do the making. I am afraid I often curate my kit but end up refiling most of my supplies. It is a real pleasure to have you Guest Designing with us this month! I love the opposite end of the day sky - twilight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized that I was looking for your February post & commented on your January's CKC counterfeit! I knew I needed a nap this afternoon :D

    ReplyDelete

Four Seasons - Spring

 As a new Close To My Heart Maker I have decided to showcase some scrapbooking layouts.  I am a 81/2 x 11 scrapper.  Almost all my papers ge...