Monday, December 13, 2021

Craft IQ December 2021

 Once again it is time for Craft In.  Seven days, seven different scrapbookers seven things to include on a layout.  I know I am not good about posting.  Sometimes the first prompt creates an idea and the other prompts back it up.  That is what happened the first day this time.  

Day 1:  paper piecing over at least 1/3 of the layout. - I read this and thought circle flowers would be perfect for a layout if I can find the right pictures.

Day 2: circles - will go with circle paper piecing.  Used an embossing powder container to trace circles.

Day 3: 3 or more colors. - the scraps I choose for the circles include more than 3 colors


Day 4:  border punch or fancy cut - I have Fiskars fancy cut scissors.  I forget to use them most of the time.  I cut the circles out using 3 different pairs.


Day 5:  ribbon or twine -  the only thing in green I had for stems was teeny ting spring green ric-rac.

Day 6:  add something that sparkles - embossing powder.  In this case I knew it would either be peach, yellow or green but wasn't sure how to use.

Day 7: stars - perfect I could emboss yellow stars on the centers o the flowers.  I used Nuevo yellow embossing powder

Here it is before the pictures were added:


The white bothered me when I added the pictures, so I used a pigment ink to tone it down a little bit. Since it was a mini pad I applied directly the paper.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Four Seasons - Spring

 As a new Close To My Heart Maker I have decided to showcase some scrapbooking layouts.  I am a 81/2 x 11 scrapper.  Almost all my papers ge...