Thursday, January 21, 2021

Seasonal Scenes

Creating Scenes can be fun but more often then not they become complicated.  So many layers and thinking through what will need to be done.  The hardest part about Layouts is the planning.  It probably takes me twice as long to plan a page as to put it together.

I thought for this page it would be fun to try something new.  Last year Spring was quite late in coming and we wondered if it ever would.  By late May when the trees began to blossom  I had to get a picture of the beauty of it.. As I was going through words I found the Quote: No matter how long the winter; spring is sure to follow.  This became the base for my page.

I accidently ordered a Die Cut; I don't own a Die Cut machine.  The way it was advertised on Altenew's website it looked like a mini stamp set.  When the set came, Polar Bear, I was quite disappointed but had already planned a page with the stamp.  this meant I had to get creative.  I tried a couple of different methods.  Using a photo square I stuck the Polar Bear Die Cut to a stamp block.  I tried pressing the die cut into a Jet Black ink pad.  It worked but needed multiple presses to make it distinctive enough & was hard to line up..  To get a darker outline I used Altenew Jet Black Alcohol Marker.  This gave me a nice sharp impression.  It died my die but that is okay.





To create the Scene I used Close to my Heart Snowflake Stamp, Altenew Breathe Stamp Altenew Paint a Flower Daffodil & Altenew Polar Bear Die & Stamp.  I marked the page where the photo would sit so I knew where the stamping would go.  In the upper left corner I stamped snow flakes.  Around the picture I stamped Altenew Breathe with Clear Ink & heat embossed with white powder.  This gave the impression of snowflakes turning into blossoms around the picture.


To create the scene along the bottom I did some stamp masking.  Using the Paint a Flower Daffodil Cluster first I stamped it it on a piece of white scrap paper..  The Daffodil clusters are made with one stamp but by masking different parts.  Originally I was going to surround the Polar Bear with Daffodils but decided it was too busy so left a gap.


To make the Daffodils pop I stamped them in gray ink and then outlined with Altenew Alcohol Markers.  I used Mango Smoothie, Autumn Blaze & Forest Glades.

The picture hasn't come yet so I added it using Paint to show what it will look like.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Four Seasons - Spring

 As a new Close To My Heart Maker I have decided to showcase some scrapbooking layouts.  I am a 81/2 x 11 scrapper.  Almost all my papers ge...