Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Let It Shine

I live in a cold area.  Our home faces the North so in the Winter Get beautifully festinating Icicles.  The last few years I Have been maxed at the many beautiful icicles that have formed and how the light interacts with them.  I don’t necessarily want all my icicle pages to look the same.  On this layout I wanted it to pop.  I wanted icicles that glistened in the sun.

To create areas for icicles to hangout I laid out my pictures.  Around the pictures I traced pencil outlines.  I then removed everything  except pencil lines.  Using the Altenew Pine Needle Stencil, Altenew Sapphire Re-inker & Altenew Carribbean Blue Embossing Powder  I created icicles.

I placed a couple drops of Altenew Sapphire Ink on piece of glass & mixed with Embossing Paste.  I chose which parts of the Pine Needles looked like icicles  & applied colored paste through stencil using a mud & taping spatula.  I added the Altenew Carribean Blue Embossing Powder to the top.  

 

The icicles turned out to a little darker than expected but are beautiful when the light bounces off them.,  After the embossing paste dried I used a heat embossing gun to melt embossing powder.

Icicles don’t hang out in the middle of nowhere.  They alaways hang from something.  I dug through my ribbons & trims to see what I had that would enhance the shine of this layout.  I found I had two glitter ribbons - Gold & Blue.  The Baby Blue. Glitter Ribbon , in my option, screamed winter.  The sky is often similar in color to this Blue Glitter Ribbon in the winter.  This shade also toned done the starkness of the icicles.  


The Title Icicles was created Heavenly Blue ink & Close to My Heart Heritage Letter stamp.  I fussy cut out the letters & applied to page.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Four Seasons - Spring

 As a new Close To My Heart Maker I have decided to showcase some scrapbooking layouts.  I am a 81/2 x 11 scrapper.  Almost all my papers ge...