Thursday, January 7, 2021

Celebration Stencil Techniques

For this post I have included 2 different layouts.  I have shown how to get more out of your stencils and use them in creative ways.  In the first layout I
used a stencil to create leaves to scatter around the page.  This was a stencil left over from cutting out leaves with my Cutting Machine  that I used on another layout.

To give Texture I used the Altenew Classic Pine Pine Needles Stencil & Embossing paste.  I died the Embossing Paste with Altenew Dark Chocolate Re-Inker.  After the Paste dried I stenciled branches with a Brown Alcohol Marker from Altenew Season's Tweeting Mask Stencil





FOr another layout I used stencils to create a background embellishment..  For this layout I used Altenew Leaf Burst Stencil & Season's Tweeting Mask Stencil.  I layered the stencils to give the impression of a bird sitting in a tree.

A scrap of shy blue paper became the background.  Dipping a blush papd into water then Close to My Heart Clover meadow  created a nice new spring green leaf.  I used a dabbing motion to push ink through the Leaf Burst Stencil to get the leaf background.


Once the ink dried, I overlaid the Seasons Tweetin Mask Stencil branch in the center/  To add interest I traced the branch with a brown alcohol marker .  On top of the branch I used the bird from the same stencil.  This particular bird has a Cardinal appearance but I wanted more of a Robin.  

 I used Altenew Coral Bliss Re-inker to add a red belly to the bird with a blush pad.  Using a blush pad & Altenew Dark Chocolate Re-inker I created the bird sitting on the branch, now it looks more like a Robm.  


 

On the layout I traced more branches with the brown alcohol marker.  To mak the branches appear to be blooming I used Altenew  Layered Lily Stamp Bud 2.  The buds were stamped with Altenew Coral Bliss






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Four Seasons - Spring

 As a new Close To My Heart Maker I have decided to showcase some scrapbooking layouts.  I am a 81/2 x 11 scrapper.  Almost all my papers ge...