Thursday, January 7, 2021

For The Guys

 There were lots of options I could have used for this page.  I decided to do the unexpected color option or Pop Art.  I decided to create a background using Altenew Plentiful Pine Mask Stencil.  The fun part about this stencil is that you can pop out the mask to get a solid geometric shape . Apply the mask over for a dimensional look.  For the color scheme I chose Altenew Ponderosa Green & Mango Smoothie.  

This is an Autumn layout so there is a lot of yellows & browns.  For the background I used two sheets of a Sepia on Cream design.  This accented the browns in the pictures.   By making one tree yellow it pulls the yellow out of the background. & adds interest.  In my head Pine Trees are dark green  year around  so fit with pictures.

I used Altenew Re-Inkers & a blush pad to apple color through Stencil.  There are a lot of pictures on this 2 page layout so didn't feel a lot of embellishment was needed.  This was a quick layout to put together.  I started by laying out the picture to get a feel of where I might want trees..  After getting the layout I wanted I lightly traced around pictures with a pencil.  Outside of these lines is where I placed the Pine Trees.  I like even numbers so made sure that I had an even number of trees placed across the two pages.  

On a glass plate I added a few drops of Re-inker in Ponderosa Green.  On the First Tree I had a little too much ink on the blush pad & it bled under the Stencil giving the tree a unique look.  This process doesn't take a lot of ink.


To hold stencil in place I used a small piece of tape.  I applied the ink in a circular motion through stencil.  I chose to which tree would be different and left a space for it but did all the green ones first..  The Pine Tree triangles could easily be made into characters by adding arms & faces but I decided that took away from the pictures too much so didn't do it.

I used Mango Smoothie for the one odd tree.  To make it stand out even more I traced around it using The Altenew Mango Smoothie Alcohol Marker.  I had discovered in the past that the Markers & Re-inkers from Altenew are not the same color even though they are labeled the same.

The title "One of a Kind" was added to the yellow tree with a Brown Fine Tip marker.  All other information was written with same marker on the side of one of the photos after the picture was taken




No comments:

Post a Comment

Four Seasons - Spring

 As a new Close To My Heart Maker I have decided to showcase some scrapbooking layouts.  I am a 81/2 x 11 scrapper.  Almost all my papers ge...