Thursday, January 7, 2021

Clean & Simple Boutique Cards

 

As a rule I don't like making cards; they take more time then a scrapbooking layouts.  For this card an idea came together that seemed appropriate & will probably be used on a layout eventually. I used a just few elements to create an elegant look.  I used a Stencil to create a background & used simple stamping.

 I started with a strip of Mint Green Textured Cardstock cut to 8 x 10.  I then scored 2 1/2 inches from each end.  I don't have a score board so used a popsicle stick & a paper trimmer to get crisp straight lines.




This gave an 8 x 5 card.  A little larger than a typical card but will work for what I need.  With COVID-19 a big discussion in 2020 I decided we needed a reminder.  This card is entitled Okay Apart, Better Together.  Looking Through Stencils I came across the Classic Pine Stencils A & B.  The Pine Needles & Pine Cones are two seperate stencils.  I got them to use for different projects & they are okay apart but when placed together they give a fuller picture.

On the left side front flap I stenciled Pine Needles using Altenew Ponderosa Pine Re-Inker & a blush pad. I also used the same stencil to create a background on the inside of the card.



On the right flap I used the Pine Cone Stencil.  I decided to mix Altenew Dark Chocolate Re-Inker with Altenew Embossing Paste.  This would give the PIne cones textures & add interest.  When you look at a Pine Tree the Pine Cones stand out from the needles.  Using a small painters paste knife I applied the paste through the stencil to leave a very slight textured image.  After the front dried I repeated the process on the inside of the card, centering the Pine Cones over the Pine Needles.


I used Close to My Heart  Amore Caps to Create Words..  I used the same Altenew Ponderosa Pine Re-Inkers & blush pad to apply ink.  On the Front I stamper Okay under Needles & Apart above Pine Cones. leaving the front Center seam down the middle.


On the inside using the same method as described above for the letters I stamped Better Together just below the cluster in Altenew Dark Chocolate.  My stamping isn't perfect but I like the final look.  If this was going to be an actual given card I would have stamped on panels then applied to card base..  The ink does bleed through the cardstock a little bit.  I was curious to see how much bleeding would happen if I didn't use panels.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Four Seasons - Spring

 As a new Close To My Heart Maker I have decided to showcase some scrapbooking layouts.  I am a 81/2 x 11 scrapper.  Almost all my papers ge...