Tuesday, November 17, 2020

For the Guys - Geometric

I was watching a scrapbook video where the individual was going through paper pads.  A paper that caught my attention was one tat was columns of diamonds with lines about a quarter an inch apart which added texture and interest.  I originally thought I would re-create columns of diamonds to use on a layout of my brother's graduation from law school.  I was g  through fabric scraps and came across blue & gold that matched the colors on the commemoration booklet.  On copier paper I created my diamond so I could use it to cut out diamonds out of my fabric scraps.


THis was going to be a 2 page layout.  Not a lot of pictures but lots of information.  For the Left page I created a pocket of two rows of diamonds to hold the large booklet.  The pocket base is blue foil which enhances the gold shimmer & brings the blue forward.


On the right side page of the layout I added two rows of diamonds to replicate the pocket design.  Next to them a placed a photo mounted on blue foil.  These chairs are empty symbolizing waiting.  The bottom half of the page is the commemorative pamphlet for the graduating class.  On the inside upper flap I added the pictures of the graduates marching across the stage to get recognized. On the front of the Commemorative pamphlet I added a blue foil arrow which would become the base for journaling




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Four Seasons - Spring

 As a new Close To My Heart Maker I have decided to showcase some scrapbooking layouts.  I am a 81/2 x 11 scrapper.  Almost all my papers ge...