Tuesday, November 10, 2020

All About Layering 1





For All About Layering 1 I, used the Lily Layering stamp from Altenew.  I used Close to my Heart ink pads & Altenew Alcohol markers. My inspiration was my 2020 Lily Bed pictures.  For accents I added green & yellow to help balance the layout and bring in my favorite lily colors from my Father's lily bed..

I stamped six lilies in the following color combinations:

Green Lily - I used layer 2, from the main tulip image,  stamped in Sweet Leaf.  Center of flower was stamped in Clover Green..To finish the Lily I used a Crayola Colored Pencil Light Green to color of the image.

White Lilies - The first one did not turn out.  I used Grey Flannel for the base color.  With the third layer I stamped in white, oping it would pop, it didn't..  Using the second and Versatile Clear Stamp I prepped for heat embossing.  The second layer was heat embossed with Kaleidoscope. It turned out to dark.  I outlined it with Altenew Alcohol Marker G775 and Red highlights with R378.

The Second white lily turned to be probably my favorite.  I stamped the base in White Daisy, the second layer was in Grey Flannel & third layer in White Daisy.  I did a second third layer in Versatile Clear & heat embossed with Kaliedoscope.  I outlined the flower with Altenew Alcohol Marker W603.  The Stamen was stamped with blush.

Yellow Lily - Using Altenew Re-Inker Mango & a make-up pad I I colored the base image.  Layer 2 was stamped with Taffy.  The Stamen stamp I cored with Altenew Alcohol Marker Y608

Orange Lily - Base layer was stamped in Taffy.  The second layer was stamped in Sorbet.  Stamen were colored Altenew Alcohol Marker G775.

Pink Lily -  Base was stamped in Blush, layer 2 in Amethyst & layer 3 in Iris.  The stamen were stamped in Honey.

Leaves - Leaf base for 6 leaves is Sweet Green.  The second layer was done Versatile Clear ink & Heat Embossed with Clover Green

Below is the completed layout.  All 6 lilies were used and the ones I hated have grown on me.  All in all it is a simple layout but the lilies help to enhance the pictures.  Thanls for following on this first class journey.








1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos. Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Four Seasons - Spring

 As a new Close To My Heart Maker I have decided to showcase some scrapbooking layouts.  I am a 81/2 x 11 scrapper.  Almost all my papers ge...