Sunday, April 3, 2022

Counterfeit Kit Challenge April 2022

 I really had to study this kit this month.  Large bright florals are not my thing.  Abstract backgrounds are usually too much for me.  The colors of this kit say late spring or summer when all the flowers are in bloom.  Where I live the flowers are just popping out of the ground.  We are stuck in that in between season of not winter but not spring either.

Here is this month's kit:  


When I first looked at this picture I saw scraps & ephemera that I had had no idea what to do with.  I have a box of misc bits and pieces that don't know ho to use.  I am not good at putting random items on a page. The itemsI put on a page have to help tell the story of the pictures.  In the upper right hand corner there is a cut apart card that says Believe Yourself..  The first half of my kit is scraps & ephemera, I hope to build page embellishments to be used on pages in the future.  I started with base colors I saw in the kit, then pulled florals,stripes and misc papers.  I pulled my spring, rainbows, animals and misc box of ephemera.  


I decided this was going to be my kit.  As started pulling things out and trying to decide what went with what or May work together. Some page idaeas started to come together.  The second half of my kit was inspired by abstract papers and photos that needed to be done.  The bird paper= bird pictures that need to be scrapped.  Butterflies=  I love them but sometimes have trouble with them; I have lots of floral pictures and florals attract butteries.  The rope scrap of circles is in full colors  & I haven't decided how to use it but it represents the circle paper.  The black & white stripe will become red & white for a 4th of July layout..  t black & whit pen paper will become black & white frames so I can document when I got the stores sign.  I came up with a dozen page kits inspired by this kit


Off to create. Should be fun to see what I accomplish this month.





1 comment:

  1. I see that we got you thinking outside the box as to what didn't or did work for you and that's our goal! The kits are merely inspiration as far as texture, patterns or even colors but in no way does it have to be a carbon copy... can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete

Four Seasons - Spring

 As a new Close To My Heart Maker I have decided to showcase some scrapbooking layouts.  I am a 81/2 x 11 scrapper.  Almost all my papers ge...