Monday, November 8, 2021

Craft IQ November 2021

It has been awhile since I posted a Craft IQ Challenge.  The only month I haven’t done since June was October but I have been busy and didn’t get them posted.  This month’s challenge helped to figure out how to complete this this layout.  I really want to get this Album done this month. (Almost there 9 layouts left)

Below is all I had decided upon for this layout.  These item fit beautifully for day 1.  
Day 1:  half & half 2 sheets patterned papers and more than one photo


Day 2: Silver (I ha silver brother & sister words that would work on this layout)
Day 3: word  Thankful must appear on layout (not a problem thankful for siblings may stamp)
Day 4: stitching (either real or faux)
Day 5:  Gold

At this point I had been trying to figure out if I should change layouts. Silver & gold make me think of Christmas.  As I looked through pictures I couldn’t come up with any others that may work.  To make my prompts work I changed my title from Birds Flock Together…. Family to Thankful for Sisters & Brothers.  I decided Thankful would be silver & gold alternating colored.  I thought I could do a gold swatch of ink to put silver words on top of.


Day 6: Washi tape or branding strip ( part of the original papers were a scrap with a decorated branding strip that had planned on using)
Day 7:  a feather

The feather threw me for a moment.  I figured I would cheat keep the birds on since they have feathers and call it good.  I was going through embellishments and discovered some feathers I could use that if I colored with gold ink could be my swatches behind my silver words.  Since I follow the rule of don’t glue down until last day this was doable.

My final layout

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Four Seasons - Spring

 As a new Close To My Heart Maker I have decided to showcase some scrapbooking layouts.  I am a 81/2 x 11 scrapper.  Almost all my papers ge...