Monday, November 16, 2020

All About Layering Experiment





The Experiment:  Use Altenew Tulip Layering Stamp & PAint a Flower Daffodil Stamps to create the leaf base of an Iris.  I know Altenew has an Iris Layering stamp but Irises aren't my favorite flower & I don't use them in a project enough to justify buying the stamp.

This year has being crazy & I spent alot of time studying the Flowers in my Aunt & Uncle's yard.  They have a row of purple Bearded Iris that are in the same bed as the Tulips.  This year the Irises came up first,lasted a week and were gone..  

I began by using the the Daffodil Cluster From Altenew Paint a Flower Daffodil Set.  I stamped the image on piece of regular piece of copier paper.  I then proceeded to cut out the Daffodill flowers; these were used ro mask the stamp so I would get the image I wanted.  The image was then stamped with Clover Meadow on a piece of scrap paper the same color as my background paper.  I decided at this time more leaves would be needed to make Iris leaves.  I drew them in using Altenew Alcohol Marker  G715


For the Iris Stem I used the tall stem from the Tulip Layering stamp.  I stamped using Versatile Clear embossing Ink Pad.  The stem was heat embossed in Clover Meadow.  This gave finished the base for my Iris flowers.  At this time I wasn't sure I even liked the design it just looked like a mess at the bottom of my paper.



To create my Bearded Iris Flower I resized a coloring book page image.  I colored it using 3colored pencils, light. medium & dark.  I used Altenew Alcohol Marker W603 to bring out details of Floral.  To further enhance the details I used a Q-tip to add Versatile Clear Ink to the details .  I heat embossed with lilac powder.

I wasn't sure I liked this layout until I added the pictures.  I am quite happy with how this layout turned out.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Four Seasons - Spring

 As a new Close To My Heart Maker I have decided to showcase some scrapbooking layouts.  I am a 81/2 x 11 scrapper.  Almost all my papers ge...