Thursday, November 12, 2020

All About Layering 2

When I looked at Altenew's Tulip layering Stamp I felt the open Tulip could be used for a rose.  I had some beautiful Autumn Rose pictures from this last October.  I am not normally a Rose person but when they are stubborn & bloom out of season they make me smile.  With these pictures in mind I set out to pick colors & experiment.

I chose three different sets of three colors in the red, orange & yellow color families.  Trying to bring out the flowers in the pictures.  The colors are in base  to outline order, the first Tulip is Mango Smoothy, Taffy, Sorbet, the second Tulip is Coral Bleu, Orange Red, Tulip & the third flower is Peach Parfait, Baby Pink, Blush.

Using my Altenew Re-Inkers, Mango Smoothy, Coral Bleu, & Peach Parfait I used a makeup pad to apply color to stamp.  If you want a lighter color slightly wet the spot on the pad where ink be.  After experimenting I felt I was ready to begin.  At this time my focus changed slightly.  Now I would be using the Altenew Tulip Layering Stamp as Tulips.  I discovered the following picture from April 2020 and decided to do a story of a Tulip Border.
The colors in this photo go dark to light across the page left to right.  I love telling the story of bloom opening.  The morning sun shines across this patch of Tulips adding texture & interest.  Starting with base and moving up to outline my colors for this row of tulips is:

1.  Holiday Red, Tulip, Cranberry
2.  Orange Red (satmped twice), Holiday Red, Tulip
3.  Orange Red (stamped once), Holiday Red, Tulip
4.  Coral Bleu (painted & stamped twice), Orange Red, Tulip
5.  Coral Bleu (watered down & stamped once).  Baby Pink, Blush

The leaves are also tri layered.  They were done in Seafoam, Clover Meadow, Clover Meadow.  The following image shows the difference between level 2 & level 5 and how using tri layered stamps add interest & depth.

For te Makeup Pad Technique I have mentioned several times here is a clearer explanation.  Re-Inkers are designed to bring new life to an ink pad.  I find them useful for mixed media scrap booking as well.  When you have nk in a bottle and no pad you get creative.  Makeup Pads are cheap.  Ink Pads can be a pain to store & come in so many different shapes & sizes..  I will put a drop or two, depending on how dark I want my color, onto the pad.  If I want it extremely light at this point I just dab my wet stamp cleaner pad lightly.  After I get the color I want I paint the stamp in either a swirl motion or up & down motion until I get the color on the stamp intensity I want.  I then stamp my image.


This beautiful Tulip border is now ready to be added to a scrapbook layout or card front.  It can be cut apart or used as is.
 





 

1 comment:

  1. Nice border. I like the dark to light effect. Did you try to stamp the layers irregularly for interest/hand drawn effect? Kind of looks like the images are pencil coloured!
    Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Four Seasons - Spring

 As a new Close To My Heart Maker I have decided to showcase some scrapbooking layouts.  I am a 81/2 x 11 scrapper.  Almost all my papers ge...